RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS AT THE COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY ARE REQUIRED TO DEVELOP AND REGISTER A PERSONAL EVACUATION PLAN
As a part of its emergency preparedness planning, the College has determined that there certain emergencies for which the safest response will be to close the College. A prominent example of such a response would be a confirmed outbreak of pandemic flu, ideally before the illness strikes.
Beginning with the fall 2009 semester, all residential students at the College of William and Mary will be required to develop and document two Personal Evacuation Plans that will include:
1. Your full name and College ID number
2. Addresses of two locations, preferably in different cities and one location within a reasonable driving distance of Williamsburg
3. How you will get to each destination
4. Whether you would be able and willing to provide transportation to other students, and if so, how many
5. Whether you would be able and willing to provide temporary housing to other students, and if so, how many
Because of the need for a quick response to an outbreak, you are the only person who can effectively plan for yourself.